Ealing is a vibrant West London borough, with excellent transport links, and from 2019 will also be home to 5 Crossrail stations. Ofsted has recognised Ealing as a ‘Good’ borough with some outstanding features. Ealing has a high rate of permanent staff, offers a wide range of training opportunities and a Career Progression scheme to promote and support staff development. Ealing has been successful in a number of bids in recent years for developing & promoting innovative social care practice.
• Committed to making a visible difference to the lives of Ealing children and their families
• A qualified, HCPC registered social worker
• An ambitious social worker with the skills and experience to deliver the highest standards of professional practice
What can Ealing offer you?
• An exciting opportunity to develop your career within a supportive, well organised structure
• Manageable caseloads
• High-quality individual and group supervision within a stimulating learning environment
• On-going personalised training and development opportunities
• Access to a wide range of high quality resources to support children and their families
• An excellent benefits package with a range of innovative programmes to help you look after your health and well-being
What we are looking for?
• We’re looking for ambitious, professional, conscientious Social Workers with differing levels of experience, to join our social care teams.
• You will be a team player too – working with colleagues in a range of disciplines, sharing knowledge, and providing support and advice to deliver the best possible outcomes for local children and their families.
• Someone who will flourish working in a diverse community and be eager to explore new & emerging areas of social work practice.
Applications are open to newly qualified Social Workers through to Senior Social Workers.
There are positions available in:
• Ealing Children's Integrated Response Service (ECIRS). ECIRS (incorporating MASH) provides single front door access for all concerns about children.
• MAST Teams (Acton & Greenford). MAST Teams undertake assessments and provide services to children subject to CIN and CP Plans. Some initial court work is also involved. The teams work with children from 0-18 years.
You will work in small pods of Social Workers and Family Support Workers, assisted by a manager, to deliver high quality frontline services to children and families in Ealing.
In return, Ealing will give you the time and support you need to make a difference with regular supervision being a key priority. We believe that our training, development and support are of a high standard and regularly commended by staff in Ealing.
This role is deemed customer facing and as such you must have a command of spoken English which is sufficient to enable you to effectively perform the role. This requirement relates to Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016.
Ealing council is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Ealing follows safer recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable adults. The post holder will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
This role is subject to Ealing’s enhanced vetting process.
If you would like to discuss this role before applying, please do not hesitate to contact the Recruitment team on 020 8825 9786.
Closing date: 26 April 2018
Interview and assessment: week commencing 14 May 2018