Ealing is a vibrant West London borough, with excellent transport links, and from 2019 will also be home to 5 Crossrail stations. Ofsted has recognised Ealing as a 'Good' borough with some outstanding features. Ealing has a high rate of permanent staff, offers a wide range of training opportunities and a Career Progression scheme to promote and support staff development. Ealing has been successful in a number of bids in recent years for developing & promoting innovative social care practice.
• Committed to making a visible difference to the lives of Ealing children and their families.
• A qualified, HCPC registered social worker.
• An ambitious manager with the skills and experience to deliver the highest standards of professional practice.
Responsibilities of the deputy team manager in the Children with Disabilities team:
• Providing advice and guidance on contacts and referrals to staff and partner agencies.
• Monitoring contacts and referrals allocated to staff in the team.
• Supervising social workers with caseloads of approximately 20 – 25 cases.
• Ensure positive outcomes for children in need.
• Ensure services are provided within set budgets and provide value for money.
• Provide effective day to day management and support to social workers.
• Support social workers to ensure that safeguarding is the focus of the work that is undertaken in the team.
• Provide support and leadership to social workers whilst they are working with families who are the subject of care proceedings.
• Strong partnership working with a broad range of professionals from a wide range of agencies.
What can Ealing offer you?
• An exciting opportunity to develop your career within a supportive, well organised structure.
• On-going personalised training and development opportunities.
• Access to a wide range of high quality resources to support children and their families.
• An excellent benefits package with a range of innovative programmes to help you look after your health and well-being.
What we are looking for?
• We're looking for ambitious, professional, conscientious managers to join our team.
• You will be a team player too - working with colleagues in a range of disciplines, sharing knowledge, and providing support and advice to deliver the best possible outcomes for local children and their families.
• Someone who will flourish working in a diverse community and be eager to explore new & emerging areas of social work practice.
This role is deemed customer facing and as such you must have a command of spoken English which is sufficient to enable you to effectively perform the role. This requirement relates to Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016.
Ealing council is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Ealing follows safer recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable adults. The post holder will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
This role is subject to Ealing’s enhanced vetting process.
Closing date: 23 May 2019